One of our September featured artists is Arms Akimbo!
Arms Akimbo is an emerging indie rock band from Los Angeles, California. Band members Peter Schrupp, Christopher Kalil, Colin Boppell, and Matt Sutton met while studying studio recording at Loyola Marymount University. Each having an eclectic musical background, they came together in 2015 to form Arms Akimbo. Within months, the band wrote, produced, and released their debut E.P., ‘Vignettes’. Their unique, raw, harmony-packed, percussion driven sound has captured a wide audience online and is given a new life on stage. During live performances, you can see them bouncing from instrument to instrument, belting four-part harmonies, and rocking out with their fans, and this energy has drawn huge crowds and filled venues for their shows all across Los Angeles.
In the past several months, Arms Akimbo has had some amazing successes:
- Opened for Walk the Moon at ‘Fallapalooza’ in Los Angeles as direct support
- Opened for Strangers You Know at The Roxy in Hollywood
- Reached over 170,000 plays on the single, “Michigan” in just 2 months of release
- Reached more than 75,000 plays on the single, “Little Insensitive” within a month of release
- Sold out The Study in Hollywood on a Tuesday night for the “Little Insensitive Single Release Show,” forcing the Los Angeles Fire Department to nearly shut down the venue because of their overflow crowd
Arms Akimbo has received amazing feedback from fans and is now in the midst of broadening their fan base to share their sound with as many people as They possibly can. Arms Akimbo has had more than 400,000 streams and downloads across various distribution services.
Arms Akimbo and WorldArts: Arms Akimbo rocked the WorldArts Stage for a WA Session in August. Check out their session below & stay tuned for upcoming events with Arms Akimbo at WorldArts!