News recently surfaced that Sony is purchasing the rest of The Orchard. Sony
already owned a sizable amount of the distributor, possibly
around 51 percent. Sony’s full purchase is expected to close
The Orchard is wasting no time. They are already buying up and
investing in other companies.
* The backup image section of this tag has been generated for use on a
* non-SSL page. If this tag is to be placed on an SSL page, change the
* This noscript section of this tag only shows image banners. There
* is no width or height in these banners, so if you want these tags to
* allocate space for the ad before it shows, you will need to add this
* information to the tag.
* If you do not want to deal with the intricities of the noscript
* section, delete the tag (from … to ). On
* average, the noscript tag is called from less than 1% of internet
The company announced that they have acquired RoyaltyShare, a
digital revenue managment company for the music and book
industries. The Orchard says that RoyaltyShare launched the
first online revenue and master royalties platform for
indie labels and distributors.
The Orchard has also invested in Korrect, a
software company for royalty processing, metadata management,
and sales analysis.
RoyaltyShare, Korrect, and The Orchard will unite to
create a standalone royalty processing platform. This new
platform will seamlessly connect to The Orchard’s client
Nina Ulloa covers breaking news, tech, and