TriPlay has announced that they’ve raised $11 million
in funding. Money came from affiliates of
Fortress Investment Group and TriPlay’s founder and
* The backup image section of this tag has been generated for use on a
* non-SSL page. If this tag is to be placed on an SSL page, change the
* This noscript section of this tag only shows image banners. There
* is no width or height in these banners, so if you want these tags to
* allocate space for the ad before it shows, you will need to add this
* information to the tag.
* If you do not want to deal with the intricities of the noscript
* section, delete the tag (from … to ). On
* average, the noscript tag is called from less than 1% of internet
The company creates cloud apps that share files across multiple
devices. Products include photo and video storage app
MyDigipack and MyMusicCloud. The company plans to boost
their presence in this space by acquiring similar
technology, increasing marketing, accelerating research
and development, and growing their user base.
The company also says that WhatsApp is ripping off their
messaging features, and they will use part of the $11
million to “protect their popular messaging
technology”. TriPlay sued WhatsApp in 2013.
Nina Ulloa covers breaking news, tech, and
Tuesday, April 7, 2015
Gonna take a lot more than $11 million to fight a
Facebook-owned company worth $19 billion. lol.
(Also, your link to the lawsuit is broken.)