Tidal hasn’t really give any details about how their
service will compensate the average working artist. But
the AP reports that Tidal is inviting more
musicians to join the platform as co-owners.
* The backup image section of this tag has been generated for use on a
* non-SSL page. If this tag is to be placed on an SSL page, change the
* This noscript section of this tag only shows image banners. There
* is no width or height in these banners, so if you want these tags to
* allocate space for the ad before it shows, you will need to add this
* information to the tag.
* If you do not want to deal with the intricities of the noscript
* section, delete the tag (from … to ). On
* average, the noscript tag is called from less than 1% of internet
Tidal executive Vania Schlogel said the company’s current
celebrity owners have equal and majority ownership. She
says other artists can join to reap benefits such as a position
on the board. Schlogel also said that Tidal will pay out more
than other streaming services.
All we have are vague statements, as Schlogel said she can’t
reveal any details about artist ownership.
But Schlogel did say they’re considering allowing
co-owners that are not performers to join in…