Don’t have a mobile website? You can’t hide any longer.
(You may be noting that DMN doesn’t have a mobile site.
This is something we’re working on.)
On Tuesday, April 21st websites that aren’t mobile friendly
will be penalized. Google searches made from mobile devices
will lower the rankings of non-friendly sites, and will boost
the ranking of sites that are mobile optimized.
This applies to all industries and all languages, no one is
safe from the new requirements. Around 80 percent of adults have smartphones, so
these changes should only help you.
* The backup image section of this tag has been generated for use on a
* non-SSL page. If this tag is to be placed on an SSL page, change the
* This noscript section of this tag only shows image banners. There
* is no width or height in these banners, so if you want these tags to
* allocate space for the ad before it shows, you will need to add this
* information to the tag.
* If you do not want to deal with the intricities of the noscript
* section, delete the tag (from … to ). On
* average, the noscript tag is called from less than 1% of internet
Google offers a mobile friendly testing tool so you can
find out if your website is up to par. If your site
doesn’t pass, the tool will tell you why and will let you know
what you need to do to improve the site.
Nina Ulloa covers breaking news, tech, and