SeatGeek has announced that they’ve raised $62
million in Series C funding. The company has now raised a total
of $103 million.
This round of funding was led by Technology Crossover Ventures.
Returning investors include Accel, Causeway Partners, and
Mousse Partners. Technology Crossover Ventures General
Partner Daniel O’Keefe will join SeatGeek’s board.
* The backup image section of this tag has been generated for use on a
* non-SSL page. If this tag is to be placed on an SSL page, change the
* This noscript section of this tag only shows image banners. There
* is no width or height in these banners, so if you want these tags to
* allocate space for the ad before it shows, you will need to add this
* information to the tag.
* If you do not want to deal with the intricities of the noscript
* section, delete the tag (from … to ). On
* average, the noscript tag is called from less than 1% of internet
SeatGeek says they will use the money to expand
marketing in North America. They also plan on hiring 46
new employees by the end of the year.
The company currently has 64 employees.
Photo by 401kcalculator.org on Flickr used with the
Creative Commons License
Nina Ulloa covers breaking news, tech, and