Facebook recently beefed up their video features, a plus for
artists. Facebook videos get around 3 billion views a day, but
it used to be difficult to share those videos on other
platforms. Now artists can easily embed Facebook videos on
other platforms, and there’s better analytics as well.
Artists have been pretty upset that they can’t reach all of their fans through
Facebook without paying for advertised posts. What if you
have a tour coming up and want your fans to know about it?
Now, your fans can subscribe to events located near them.
The photo above shows where the new “Subscribe” feature is
located. I clicked it, and now I’ll receive a notification
every time Marina and the Diamonds plays in my area.
* The backup image section of this tag has been generated for use on a
* non-SSL page. If this tag is to be placed on an SSL page, change the
* This noscript section of this tag only shows image banners. There
* is no width or height in these banners, so if you want these tags to
* allocate space for the ad before it shows, you will need to add this
* information to the tag.
* If you do not want to deal with the intricities of the noscript
* section, delete the tag (from … to ). On
* average, the noscript tag is called from less than 1% of internet
There’s also a new “Subscribed Events” area that
aggregates upcoming events from subscriptions:
Nina Ulloa covers breaking news, tech, and