Today is the day. Jay Z is relaunching Tidal, his (possibly overhyped)
hi fi streaming service. He’s wasting no time, it’s only been
about a month since he completed his purchase of parent company
* The backup image section of this tag has been generated for use on a
* non-SSL page. If this tag is to be placed on an SSL page, change the
* This noscript section of this tag only shows image banners. There
* is no width or height in these banners, so if you want these tags to
* allocate space for the ad before it shows, you will need to add this
* information to the tag.
* If you do not want to deal with the intricities of the noscript
* section, delete the tag (from … to ). On
* average, the noscript tag is called from less than 1% of internet
This isn’t any ol’ relaunch though. Jay Z and his
famous friends have turned this into an emotional social media
awareness campaign. They’ve changed their profile
pictures to a light blue color, asking fans to help
“turn the tide”. Tidal is currently one of the top
trending topics on Twitter.
Hopefully they’re turning the tide with significant changes
regarding artist payouts. This is plausible, since Jay Z
reportedly had a meeting with many top industry figures,
discussing how his streaming service could benefit artists.
Nina Ulloa covers breaking news, tech, and