Jay Z recently purchased Aspiro, the company behind streaming
services WiMP and Tidal. He purchased Aspiro through
Project Panther Bidco, a company he owns.
Jay Z bought 95.18 percent of Aspiro’s shares.
This was enough for a compulsory buyout of the entire company,
per Chapter 22 of the Swedish Companies Act. Aspiro then applied
to delist from Stockholm’s NASDAQ.
* The backup image section of this tag has been generated for use on a
* non-SSL page. If this tag is to be placed on an SSL page, change the
* This noscript section of this tag only shows image banners. There
* is no width or height in these banners, so if you want these tags to
* allocate space for the ad before it shows, you will need to add this
* information to the tag.
* If you do not want to deal with the intricities of the noscript
* section, delete the tag (from … to ). On
* average, the noscript tag is called from less than 1% of internet
Now the name WiMP is being killed. Aspiro will have one
music streaming service named Tidal.
Tidal is relaunching on March 30th. The service already offered
high definition music, HD music videos, and editorial.
After the relaunch Tidal will also house exclusive
content, “experiences”, and merch.
Nina Ulloa covers breaking news, tech, and